I think that all teachers must take part in courses related to my area of knowledge. In my case, I am a kindergarten teacher, at this level is necessary to innovate and use active learning methodology for children. For this , as teachers, we must be in continuous training.
Therefore, I would also like to take part in courses related to new technologies, for example about electronic interactive whiteboards, create a blog or interactive activities.
I think it is fundamental to know how to exploit the great opportunity that the Internet offers. If the teachers know how to use them, they will be very useful tools to arouse their interest of the students.
This type of technology involves a lot of advantages in my classroom and learning of my students, such as:
- You can enhance any presentation or lesson by easily integrating video, animation, graphics, text and audio with the spoken presentation.
- The interactive whiteboard allows a large group to sit and participate comfortably in a presentation as opposed to a group crowding around a smaller computer screen.
- You can display material from a number source such as CD-ROMs, websites, DVDs, VHS tapes and television.
- Notes, diagrams and entire lessons or presentations can be saved, archived and added to the internet or disk. This means that presentation or class work in progress can be saved ready for the next period or school day.
- Creates an environment of collaboration and interaction, allowing the students to be more engaged and therefore more likely to learn and remember the information.
- Teachers can do and create different activities adapted to our pupils' necessities or work specific content depending on the project topic. We could do materials to develop cultural awareness.
Also, as teachers we must learn another language, especially English. This language will give us a lot of opportunities in the future.
In my opinion, the best way to share good practice amongst teaching professionals is, nowadays, Internet. Teachers can use it to share lesson plans, ideas to encourage students, and other innovations.
Today, they are online webs in which people with similar interests or common goals get together to share their resources, develop working strategies, solve problems and improve individually as well as organizational performance.
We also can take part communities of practice, where people share their repertoire of resources, experiences, stories, tools, ways of addressing recurring problems. It can be small or large, other local and some cover the globe, some meet face-to-face, some mostly online, some recognized and other informal and invisible. For example, Harvard style, Erasmus + for teachers, among other.